When a cold or the flu unexpectedly strikes you or your family, Temple ReadyCare’s experienced team of physicians and nurses is ready to help. We have extended hours, when your regular physician is not available, so you can get on your way to feeling better quickly.
Find a convenient Temple ReadyCare location near you to treat your cold or flu.
Is it a Cold or the Flu?
The common cold and the flu may have similar symptoms, and it can often be difficult to tell the difference between these two ailments. Below are a few general guidelines to help know the difference between cold and flu. Only your healthcare provider can determine if these are symptoms of a cold, flu or other ailment.
- More common (most adults get 3 to 5 colds each year)
- Colds usually last 7 to 10 days
- Cold symptoms include: sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, scratchy throat, fever, headache and muscle ache.
- Colds generally do not result in serious complications, such as pneumonia or hospitalizations
- Symptoms are similar to those of a cold, but they can be more severe
- Flu symptoms include fever, body aches, extreme tiredness, and dry cough
- Most people are ill for 4 to 7 days